1 lb. fettuccine noodles
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/3 c. butter
1 1/2 c. heavy cream
6 oz. fresh grated parmesan cheese*
1. Prepare fettuccine noodles according to package directions. Lightly salt the water just before adding the pasta. Before draining, reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
2. In a saucepan, melt the butter, then add the minced garlic.
3. Whisk in heavy cream and cook for 5 minutes, allowing the cream to reduce.
4. Add half of the parmesan cheese and whisk until smooth. Add just a dash of salt and pepper.
5. Pour the sauce over the cooked fettuccini noodles, and add the remaining parmesan cheese. If needed, add a little bit of the pasta water to thin the sauce until all of the noodles are coated and the sauce is the desired consistency.
*This is found in the refrigerated cheese section of the grocery store, not the pantry section.