Homemade Hot Cocoa
8 c. unsweetened almond milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 c. sugar (or 3/4 c. for extra sweetness)
pinch of sea salt
1. In a large pot, combine almond milk and vanilla and heat over medium heat until steaming.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, cornstarch, sugar, and sea salt.
3. Once the milk is hot, add a ladle full into the bowl with the cocoa mixture. Whisk until mixture is smooth and creamy. This is to avoid clumps in your hot cocoa.
4. Pour the creamy cocoa mixture into the pot and bring to a boil. Whisking frequently, boil for about 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes or until cool enough to drink.