When I created this recipe, I wanted something different than plain macaroni and cheese. I added some basil for extra flavor but it still needed something more. After I added smoked paprika, I knew I had it. The recipe came out perfect the first time I made it and my family has loved it ever since.
Smokey Cheese Pasta
16 oz. cavatappi pasta
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 c. flour
2 c. unsweetened almond milk
1/2 c. nutritional yeast
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. dried basil
2 tsp. smoked paprika
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
3. Using a whisk, stir in flour to make a roux.
4. Add almond milk, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, sea salt, dried basil, and smoked paprika.
5. Stirring frequently, continue to cook the sauce over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
6. Stir the sauce into the cooked pasta and serve!