My mother made these sausage cheese puffs around every holiday season. Over the years, I've had to modify the recipe to fit the dietary needs of my family. This is one of our favorites that we look forward to every Christmas season!
Sausage Cheese Puffs
1/2 bag of Gardein crumbles (or other brand)
1 8-oz. bag of vegan cheddar cheese (Follow Your Heart is what I use)
3 c. Bisquick mix
15 Tbsp. of water
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare veggie crumbles as desired. I pan fry them in two tablespoons of oil and add ground sage, sea salt or soy sauce, and maple syrup.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine Bisquick, sausage, and cheese. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
4. Adding only a few tablespoons at a time, combine water with Bisquick mixture until it is doughy and holds its shape.
5. Using a tablespoon or a small cookie scoop, spoon 1" dough balls onto a greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
1/2 lb. Jimmy Dean sausage
1/2 lb. cheddar cheese
1 1/2 c. Bisquick mix
7 Tbsp. water
Follow the same directions as above.