This dish is a must for our holiday table!
Mushroom & Herb Stuffing
15 cups Italian or French bread, 1-inch cubed
4 Tbsp. olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1/4 tsp. ground sage
1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
1 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
3 1/2 c. vegetable broth
1/4 c. fresh parsley, chopped
1. On baking sheets, toast the cubed bread in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until toasted and crunchy.
2. In a skillet on medium-high heat, heat olive oil and cook the onion and celery, until soft.
3. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add sage, thyme, salt, and pepper to the vegetables and stir until well combined. Turn off heat.
5. In a large bowl, combine toasted bread and vegetables. Add the vegetable broth and mix well until bread is softened and well-coated. If bread is still dry, add a bit more vegetable broth.
6. Add fresh parsley and stir until well combined.
7. Pour contents of bowl into a 9x13 baking dish.
8. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes, or until the top begins to turn golden brown.