A tasty heart healthy soup perfect
for a stormy summer day.
Maree's Garlicky Tomato and Zucchini Soup
1 onion, chopped
10 cloves of garlic, minced
2 zucchini, quartered and sliced
1 tsp. marjoram
2 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
2-15 oz. cans of tomato sauce + 5 cans of water
8 or 16 oz. rotini (or preferred pasta), depending on how thick you want the soup
1 tsp. sea salt (optional, or to taste)
pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot, combine onion with about 2 Tbsp. water. Cook until onions are tender. Add water as needed to avoid sticking.
2. Add half of the garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes, then add zucchini.
3. Add spices and combine well.
4. Add tomato sauce and water. Bring to a gentle boil.
5. Add pasta and continue boiling for approximately 10 minutes.
6. Add the remaining half of the garlic.
7. Reduce heat and add salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes.