A heart healthy and cholesterol-free alternative to scrambled eggs.
The combination of spices and a bit of "cheesy" flavor from the
nutritional yeast makes this a delectable protein packed breakfast.
Easy Tofu Scramble
1 block (15 oz.) of firm tofu
1 Tbsp. non-dairy butter
1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
pepper, to taste
1. Open the package of tofu and drain the water.
2. In a medium skillet, melt the butter.
3. Add the block of tofu. Using a wooden spoon, break about the tofu into pieces until it resembles scramble eggs.
4. Add remaining ingredients and combine well.
5. Cook in skillet until tofu is at least warmed through. If desired, cook a little longer to "brown" the tofu.
6. Remove from heat and garnish as desired. Serve hot.