Easy and delicious sandwich cookies, with more
than just a hint of maple. Perfect for fall gatherings
or to enjoy at home with the family.
Maple Sandwich Cookies
Makes about twenty-one 2-inch sandwich cookies.
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup vegan butter
4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons cold water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor or stand up mixer, combine the flour, sugar, and baking soda.
3. Add butter, maple syrup, and water. Pulse or mix until soft and doughy.
4. On a floured surface, roll the dough out until it is ¼-inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut out as many shapes as you can. Recombine the scraps to roll and cut out more cookies.
5. Place the cut out cookies on the prepared baking sheets about ½-inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden around the edges. Let cool on the pan.
½ cup vegan butter
2 ½ cups powdered sugar
5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1. In a stand mixer, beat the vegan butter until smooth.
2. Slowly add the powdered sugar and maple syrup.
3. Mix on high until light and fluffy.
Tip: If needed, refrigerate the cookies to help them set.
Assemble the cookies as pictured, and enjoy!